Thursday, September 11, 2008

Talk

Brad and I did have a talk last night. It was a good talk. I don't think we got anything really figured out, but it was good to get my feelings out. I am looking forward to counseling tomorrow. I hope to be able to add onto the talk we started yesterday. We are moving onto the next level in our relationship--here we go!

You should have been in my poetry class tonight, actually, i am glad you weren't. It was pretty embarrassing. First, it started out with me noticing that the girl next to me had her assignment typed. Mine, not so much. It was listed on the syllabus as an "exercise" so I figured it was not to hand in. I figured wrong. So, I had to hand in my assignment hand written. Then - wait for it- my cell phone rings in the middle of class! (Ok, I swear I had put it on vibrate--guess not.) Then, trying to redeem myself from the rest of my foibles, I tried to answer a question. Why did i try? I don't know. He asked us what austere meant. Anyone know? I guessed--proud? Nope, it means severe (like, my dad was an austere man). Well, the good news is the professor is really cool and pretty down to earth. I don't think he hates me, but I can tell you he definitely knows my name! Poor me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. Sorry about the embarrassing poetry class! I would have guessed austere hade to do with Jane Austen's writing or something. "Write this next poem in the "austere" style..." ;) Well, maybe not, but I didn't know it meant severe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Girl,
    I've been thinking about you lately...wondering how you're doing on the scale of getting back to normal life, having been there and trying to do that myself. I'm in a hard month myself. This week we talked to Jason's companion who is the only one who saw the accident and filled in all the missing details;today is Jason's bday; then 2 weeks later his accident day; then 2 weeks later his funeral day...kinda drags out a lot of days to have to remember.... I'm trying to make plans to go to WA to see his best friend Kasey Gillespie who is just getting off his mission. Cool, huh?!
    BTW- I loved your poem a whole lot!!!
    Keep Writing!
    HUGS TO YOU!!

    ReplyDelete