Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lots of things

I have thought of many things over these last few weeks that I would like to talk about on my blog, but just haven't made the time to post. I am not going to try to catch up, but just tell you about this week.

We got to host a coach from the kids soccer camp this week. He was from England and was a great guest. He seemed to fit right in to our family and I found myself enjoying having the spot that has been empty since Katie died being filled. This was a feeling that I did not expect or even consider. It was so nice to have someone here to talk with and watch our for like I would do for Katie. I didn't realize how much I would miss him until he left. It was really hard on my to see him go. Very strange because I am not usually one to be attached. I feel that him staying with us was such a blessing. It was neat to have that hole plugged for just a little while. It was a fun experience for the whole family to learn about England and soccer. (Did you know they don't have brownies or peanut butter in England? I found out about the peanut butter after I fed it to our coach. Oops!)

Anyway, on to the next adventure. Next week is Cub Scout Day Camp. Plus I will be finishing two of my three summer classes this week--Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. That's neat how the coach blessed your family this week. But I have to say - no brownies in England?? I'm glad I know now, because that's just not right.

    ReplyDelete