Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Katie

Katie's birthday fell on a tuesday this year. We decided to just share her day with friends at church since it is the normal day for activities there. We made a fruit pizza and sang Happy Birthday to Katie in front of her tree. It is so great to know that so many people still love her and think of us all.

I cant believe that she would be sixteen this year. Things like dating and driving sound so adventurous right now. I would love to be diving into all the drama, I really would. (I did have a friend tell me that when MaryLynn and JJ get to be sixteen, she'll remind me that I wanted to do it.)

Remember about a year or more ago I talked about a pastel done by Del Parson? Well, I guess now is the right time to post it. I had a friend in my home recently who looked at the drawing and said, "Who is that?" When I told her it was Katie, she said, It looked like her, only older. (I think part of it is no braces.) But it made me think--Maybe this is what she would look like about now.

So, here it is!



Isn't she gorgeous?

Happy Sixteenth, Katie.

5 comments:

  1. I read this poem every day when I pass Katie's picture. It helps me:

    Remember me when flowers bloom
    Early in the spring.
    Remember me on sunny days
    In the fun that summer brings.
    Remember me in the fall
    As you walk through the leaves of gold.
    And in the wintertime remember me
    In the stories that are told.
    But most of all remember
    Each day - right from the start,
    I will be forever near
    For I live within your heart.

    I'll always remember, Katie. Love you forever precious girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the painting does capture katie older. Just as beautiful as ever... i misss her sooo much. Love you katie!!! so you know i think of you everyday adn share the story of our friendship and of you with all my friends here in honduras. So not only I but many many people think of you , and know just how blessed i was to be your friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting is so beautiful. I haven't talked to you about Katie in a while. Please know that I do think about her, and about you thinking about her. I just don't want to drudge up pain, but am happy to talk about her whenever you want to or need to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just clicking around on blogs, and it looks like you've given this one a new look since I was last here - I love it! And I really like the slideshow with the butterflies. I hope Texas continues to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will always remember Katie and her wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete