Monday, August 4, 2014

Do You Need a New Bra?


I was so excited to spend this weekend with my sisters and my mom, for our scheduled, girl's weekend. We did lots of girly stuff including shopping for a new bra. 

My sister mentioned that she had never been measured. At my mom's urging, she stepped forward and the sales associate measured her.
"Looks like you measure a D or double D."
"What?" my sister pointed at her chest and said, "These aren't D's." The associate just smiled and said, "Give it a try." 
She did, and was shocked at the transformation in the mirror. My sister then checked the old stretched-out bra she had taken off and burst out laughing. "I've been wearing an A cup!"


Why am I telling you this story? My sister has been wearing the same size bra since she was a teenager, never mind that she has lived a life including the birth and nursing of three boys. She got caught up in doing the same thing she had always done. She forgot that things change, sometimes you have to stop and measure. 


What has been the same too long in your life? Just because you have always done it that way, should you stop and consider a different way? Are you letting yourself feel squeezed and misshapen just because it has always been that way? 

Stop, take a measurement. You might be surprised!


No comments:

Post a Comment