Monday, April 27, 2015

How to Be a Return Queen

I have been known affectionately in my family as "The Return Queen." I actually got banned from Walmart returns once when Christmas and a new baby happened close to each other. But that wasn't the top. I have actually bought and returned not just one, but two cars. Guess I am a Return Queen.

Recently we bought a car (Luckily, we put a clause in the contract that allowed us to return it if we found any mechanical problems.) and ended up returning it and buying a different one. We are much happier with the newer, but more expensive, one.

I've always had a hard time making tough decisions. I feel like if I choose the "wrong" one, it could have very bad consequences. It could be my perfectionism sneaking in, but I stress about making the "right" choice. But when I ended up with this great car, I began thinking of the choices I've made throughout my life. As important as it is to consider choices and make careful decisions, there aren't many choices that can't be undone or redone.  

Many times we worry so hard about making the wrong decision that we become stuck. We are afraid to choose a fork in the road, so we stand at the cross roads and let life pass us by. 

I wonder how many opportunities I have missed because of worry. I don't want to do that any more. I want to be brave and step onto the fork hoping for the best and looking forward to an exciting adventure to come.  

No comments:

Post a Comment