Monday, January 25, 2016

Let Me Push You

When I was at roller derby practice on Saturday, we learned a move where you use a teammate as an obstacle to stop the opposing team's scoring player. If you see the player coming your way, but she is too far away for you to stop her, you can push a teammate into her path, hopefully pushing her off of the track. As we learned this move, our coach mentioned that she was told, as a new player, that you have to allow yourself to be pushed. "Let me push you!" she was told. 

If you resist your teammate's push, you will not be able to stop the opposing player, and you might even fall and get injured. By giving into the push,
you can accomplish your goals and keep yourself safe.

There are many times in my life when I have had to give into a push. Sometimes those pushes are scary and we don't see them coming. Sometimes we see them coming from a long ways away, but we resist the change and fight against it. 

But I have learned that if I trust the one pushing me, I will allow the force to carry me into a better place. The push will change my course and allow me to accomplish things I never thought were possible. 

When you feel a push coming your way, don't resist. "Let Me Push You!"

No comments:

Post a Comment