Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom's Week

I started posting on the family blog, and realized that most of my news this week is about me! How do you like that?So, I got my check in the mail this week from the article that will be published in the Friend magazine. I couldn't believe it, because I figured I wouldn't be paid until it was actually published. That was pretty cool. I guess I am officially a professional writer!
Friday, Brad and I got to ride our bikes to a friend's house for dinner. It was so fun (both the ride and the dinner). Here is a picture of me on my "new" bike. I really like it, it is low enough for me to reach the ground! I rode on the highway (65 Mph) and in the dark for the first time. It was nice because I could just follow Brad, so it wasn't as scary. The bike rides really smoothly. I hope to take it to class next week (I just hope is is not going to rain all week, again!)

And--here is great news: I got a grant for next year's schooling! It will pay for almost half of my tuition! I am so excited. I didn't think I would be getting anything, and I almost didn't fill out the forms. Good thing I did!

Saturday, I went to Boston with two friends. We went to the LDS temple there. It was a great drive and was so nice to spend time with friends.

2 comments:

  1. You should make a color copy of your check before you cash it. That is so cool! :) I still can't believe you have a motorcycle. Ha ha! Sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you, I'm just lurking, but I really encourage you to edit the picture of the check to remove your home address. That just doesn't seem safe to me.

    Also, be careful on those motorcycles, my brother was killed on one--a hit and run. My best friend's dad was killed on one. And our Pastor's 18 year old son died on one. Please, be really careful. Your family has been through so much.

    ReplyDelete