Saturday, August 30, 2008

Crazy Stuff

It is weird that after 16 years of marriage we are finally getting to know each other. I guess it is not too weird considering how much we have been apart in our marriage. In fact Brad said the other day that is seems like we are going through a honeymoon phase. (Am I too old for that?) I really don't think that Brad and I even knew each other when we decided to get married. We have been through some pretty rough times and seem to be able to come out together. For a while I was afraid that losing Katie would push us over the edge and we would drift farther apart than ever. I am not sure what has changed. I feel like I appreciate all the little things that Brad does for me more than ever. We have been working on our communication (or lack of communication) in counseling. I really don't know if that has changed much, but Brad says he notices a difference in the atmosphere in our home. Maybe it has something to do with all the praying going on in our home and for our home. Anyway, I feel like we are working together as a team and that we are enjoying being together. I'm not sure how losing Katie became the catalyst for our marriage to improve, but it seems that it has. I am grateful for all the small gifts of love that are helping us to heal, and how awesome is it that we seem to be healing together?

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are able to work together on healing, and are becoming closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey trish i love the new blog i have one now come cheek it out hannahevermansblog.blogspot.com

    love hannah everman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sweetie,

    Miss you tons! U r always in my thoughts and prayers. I totally understand the honeymood phase, you're never too old for another one!

    Hugs,
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete