Friday, November 14, 2008

How I Wish We Didn't Hate Those Years While We Lived Them

That is a quote from an author named Li-Young Lee from poetry class. I love that quote. You know, we are where we are in life and hating it is not going to change anything. The one thing we can do is find "joy in the journey (Pres Monson's talk this conference)" That is what I am working on. I want to truly enjoy spending time with my kids. I am not very good at it, for some reason I feel like I am wasting time when I am not "getting anything done." But what is more important than the relationship I have with my family?

The last couple of weeks, I feel like I am just growing and changing as if I am a baby. My mind has been going a mile and minute and I feel positive. I hope that this is the beginning of a new state of mind for me. I know that I am loved and I know that I am not alone. I am surrounded by loving family and friends and I always have my Heavenly Father to turn to!

I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to go back to school. My poetry class has been a blessing to me. The time to sift through my feelings, organize them, and put them on paper has allowed me to purge my emotions. Then I am able to share them with others. I have gotten so many positive responses that it really overwhelms me!

I have one more poem about Katie to share that I will post soon!

3 comments:

  1. Great post! We would all be much happier if we always found joy in the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read you poem of dressing your daughter, how we as mothers should not have to do that right? thank you for this blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you. Your poem was so moving, I just sat crying for a while. We continue to think of Katie daily. Vanessa's gym angel. we have so many memories that flood in with the return to gymnastics. All my love, Celeste

    ReplyDelete