Sunday, March 29, 2009

New Calling

I can't believe it, I have finally joined the family calling.

I was set apart as the Secretary in the Young Women's group at church. (My sister and sister-in-law both hold this same calling--funny huh?)

Well, I was very excited to find out about this calling because I have been wanting to work with the young women for a long time. I do feel a little funny about it though, because I wonder if I got the calling because I whined enough to get it. I was finally feeling happy about being in the Nursery. It was fun to work with the other women and to enjoy playing with the little ones. But I am looking forward to the new challenge. We'll see how it will fit into our hectic lives.

Oh, I am trying to write a couple of articles for Girl's Life. I also sent out some of my poems to a magazine called "Living with Loss." Cross your fingers for me!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray for you being in YW now! Although, I know Caleb will miss you in nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Just in time for girls camp. Are you over personal progress also? This month we are painting three blocks and then glow in the dark paint over it saying "Did You Pray" Hanging them with metal wire. I will do a picture of one on my blog when we are finished. It should be a fun project to help the girls pass off the faith one for prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather-that sounds great! I would love to see them!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete