Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Anniversary

Hi to all:

Yesterday went just like I wanted it to. I took the kids to school and then came home to think about Katie. I watched her slideshow, looked at scrapbooks and wrote in my journal. I let myself cry for an hour or so, and somewhere in there I wrote a poem. I will post the poem after it has been workshopped in class. Then when I picked up the kids from school, I was ready to face the day. Brad, JJ, and I went out to lunch and enjoyed being together. And our family went to art class. We got to make covers for a journal and wrote a poem about Katie using the letters in her name. The kids all had a great time thinking of words to describe Katie. JJ used "Kuckoo Crazy" and "teasing." Nathan used "Kool" and "tight." MaryLynn was too busy drawing an elephant (which was very cute, by the way) to write her poem.

So, we made it through the first day, but I know for the kids that Easter is going to be the hard day. I didn't even say anything to them about it yesterday, because I figure they will go through it on Easter and they didn't need to go through it twice. I hope the weather will be nice then, I would like to have a picnic by Katie's tree.

Thanks for everyone who had us in their thoughts yesterday. Thanks for all the sweet emails, texts, and letters. Having all the support around us makes this so much easier. One year down!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that yesterday was what you wanted it to be. Having a plan for the day was a great idea. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. come cheek my blog and see what i did yeasterday

    ReplyDelete
  3. looking forward to reading the poem that you wrote. Your a great writer!
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete