Friday, September 5, 2008

Poetry

Wow! My poetry class is going to be so awesome! The professor is funny and loves what he is teaching. I am worried about actually writing poetry, but I guess I will just jump in and see how it goes. It is neat because many of the things he talked about were also things that my children's writing class discussed. I think tapping into your emotions and paying attention to detail etc can help with all different kinds of writing. We will see how the poems go! Luckily, we get to "workshop" each other's poems before they actually get graded. That way we will have lots of input before we hand them in. I am a little worried because I am afraid the most of my poems will have something to do with losing Katie. I just don't want the others in my class to be like "not that again." Sometimes I feel like I am the only one that has ever been through something like this even though I know it is not true. It makes me feel different and like I have a secret from the rest of the "normal" world. I think the poetry class will give me an outlet for some of my feelings (I just don't want to overdo it!)

Here is my first poem. I wrote it in class in about 10 minutes, so take it as you will:

American Idol

Exhausted arms fighting endlessly,
Encircling arms adding strength,
Together the surrendering salmon is landed.

Can you tell what it is about? What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I thought about Nathan struggling to reel in the salmon on your vacation, and then Brad helping him do it. I liked the poem. Sorry if I interpreted incorrectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia,

    I think it is great you are going back to school. You already have such a busy life, I don't know where you get all that energy. I liked the poem, fishing right? Encircling arms (I like that)

    I also like this new blog you started. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. I love to see all the pictures of Katie!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing your thoughts about Katie. We think about her all the time. I think nessa going back to gymnastics might have something to do with Katie actually. She's excited and says Katie would be psyched for her. I think she probably would be.

    Hugs,
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete