Monday, September 8, 2008

Thoughts on Families

I was thinking about a conversation that I had with a friend on Saturday. She was talking about how hard it is to have a big family and to hear the comments that people make. She said that it doesn't feel like a big family to her and I understand what she means. It made me realize how much I miss our "big family." Having four kids is kind of "over the top" for a lot of people now a days. I enjoyed it because it made me feel like our family was special and unique. I felt like I was accomplishing something that others didn't even think they could do. Please enjoy your family (whether big or small). Your family is yours alone and only you can make the decisions that are right for you! My family is my biggest blessing. I need to remember that more often!

2 comments:

  1. Hear, here! I agree.

    (I didn't know which "here" spelling to use, so I just used both.) I thought about it so long that the word "hear" sounds really weird to me now, and I'm trying to decide if it's really a word...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, now that I am mother to two more daughters I often get people shaking their heads, mostly wondering how on earth we do it. Well, we have daily conversations about the schedule for the evening, we work together, and we ENJOY our children as much as possible. Honestly, its a lot of fun! (And a lot of hairspray, body wash, glitter, etc...) I would love to send you a coupla teenagers to help you out! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete