Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Still Nervous

Just in case you wondered, I am sure my blogging will slow down now that I am trying to go back to school.

The first day was good. I did fine, but felt like a fish out of water walking on campus with all those teen i boppers! I did find my class ok and only had to ask for help twice. I didn't feel too ad when I saw quite a few others that were lost too.

The professor I have is from China (Oh, it is an Asian-American Literature class) and he moved here to go to college and never went home. He seems like a good guy, but he talks with a strong accent. I will have to sit in the front row to make sure I understand everything. Also, I feel like he spent most of the first class discussing how China is not as bad as everyone thinks and America is not a good as everyone thinks. It will be interesting to see how the books he picked for us to read play into his sentiments about America. OH, and I am scared that I won't be able to write well enough for college standards! Help, oh Help!

I got to see the bishop yesterday. We really talked and talked. We were in there for about an hour and fifteen minutes. I enjoyed our talk. I guess he thinks I am looking at my lose in a different way than I was before. That is true. I think I am starting to come to terms with the fact that it happened and there is nothing we can do to change it. I still don't like it and I will always miss her. We also talked about some of my fears for the future. That is a whole other blog entry!

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least the first class is behind you! You'll have to show those youngsters a thing or two. ;) I think Katie is proud of how you're growing - even though the whole thing sucks.

    ReplyDelete