Monday, September 22, 2008

Six Months

Guess what tomorrow is? It will be six months since I lost my beautiful girl. I am sure I won't have time to write tomorrow, so I thought I would give some of my thoughts tonight. I think I have moved on to another phase in my grieving. I don't think I like it though. For a long time I would see the photos of Katie, or see her clothes or her favorite toys and smile. But now, It just hurts inside -I almost feel angry. I guess I feel cheated. There is nothing I can do, but go about my "normal" life. Then, something someone says or does reminds me of Katie, and the knife in my heart is just twisted once again. I am sure this is nothing new to people going through this kind of grief, but it is new to me. The trials and tests of this life are more bitter and rough than I ever thought they would be. I just pray that after this life the rewards will be more sweet and more soft than we can imagine here.

4 comments:

  1. Me Too!!
    I know it is said that we learn and grow from our trials and that later we will be understand why it is that we had to go threw this life the way we have. But I cannot help but want to know now. I want to know my reward now too.
    I know today will be rough and that I cannot be there to hug you or personally tell you that I love you. But close your eyes and think of me giving you a big hug. I miss and love you lots. I will be praying for you today, and the rest of the family too. Love Tiffanie and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. Poo poo on the twisting knife! We should go out tonight. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you! I have no words....

    Huge Hug!
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are thinking & praying for you.

    Vicki & Taylor

    ReplyDelete